Sunday, September 9, 2012

denim.





For our last day in Chicago I decided to try the denim on denim look.  I think the denim look is most successful when you mix dark and light denim so since I own mostly dark denim (these shorts are the only light-wash I have) there wasn't much to chose from to mix.  I really want to invest in some light denim for fall though, especially some distressed boyfriend jeans!

On this day we ran around like crazy with a 1-day Go Chicago pass that we purchased online.  We went to the Sears (now Willis) Tower first thing, but there was no visibility so we could've been on the second floor for all we know, oh well!  Then we went to Navy Pier and hopped aboard an architectural river cruise.  The cruise was great and really informative, I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Chicago.  After a quick lunch at Navy Pier we walked around Millenium Park again and saw both Crown Fountain (faces fountain above) and Buckingham Fountain.  Our final adventure of the day was Shedd Aquarium (crazy long line and our Go Chicago pass let us skip it!) and the Field Museum.  Needless to say we were exhausted after all this so we went out to a a nice, relaxing dinner at The Gage, very delicious! 

[top:Gap shorts:Forever 21 sandals:Marshall's sunglasses: H&M purse:H&M]

6 comments:

  1. I love how your outfit post(s) are in the middle of all the places you saw, very sneaky and awesome! Sounds like you guys took Chi-town for all it had to offer! I can't believe how many things you packed in! I'm yet to do the denim on denim look because I don't have a denim shirt (gasp) but I think it's super cute, especially like you said with dark and light versions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came across your blog while I was commenting on the lovely Priya's^^ and I'm so happy I did, you're so cute! I love the denim on denim look, it always looks so effortless. This light and dark combo looks great! I go to school a few hours away from Chicago and I love every time I get there, it's such a cool city. Looks like you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Elana, way to creep on my friends! Ha totally kidding because I do the same thing.

    WE BOUGHT THE SAME SHOES! Those wedges are to die for. I saw them and I was like woahhh way funky for Target. I initially wanted the white ones but couldn't find my size :( so I picked orange but now I am in love with the color! They are so adorable!

    I saw the gold boat shoes and loved them (my sister has the Sperry version, so cute) but I bought some flats and boots instead. I completely support your decision though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great look, i really love denim and how did you combine it!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cruise sounds like it was great - a shame you couldn't see anything from the tower. Love your denim on denim look by the way x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun day, and love the denim on denim!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete