Wednesday, September 5, 2012

wrigley field.






On our first full day in Chicago we had a major sports conflict--Penn State was playing their first football game of the season and the Cubs were home at Wrigley!  What is a girl (and guy) to do?  Well first the games were staggered by an hour, so we managed to split our time.  And second, I wanted to make my outfit flexible for both events so I wore a Penn State t-shirt and red floral shorts so I had some Cubs' red, white and blue! 

For the Penn State game we went to an alumni bar in Wrigleyville called Newport Bar & Grill.  It was amazing to see the huge alumni turnout for the game!  Everyone was so welcoming!  Then we walked over to Wrigley Field to watch the Cubs play the Giants.  Wrigley Field has such character and unique features like the bleacher seats on rooftops and the bullpen is (dangerously) on the field.  Both PSU and the Cubbies lost, but it was a fabulous, memorable day :)

[t-shirt:gift from my mom shorts:Urban Outfitters sandals:Marshall's purse:Old Navy]

3 comments:

  1. Loving those shorts, thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so adorable! I love how you look super cute, even when going to a baseball/football game, I usually just settle for something denim and an old t-shirt. But I love these shorts! Sounds like such a fun day too, you cannot beat the atmosphere at a baseball stadium! I've never been to Wrigley Field (only AT&T Park) but it sounds like one of the best ones!

    perfectly priya

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the t-shirt with the floral print shorts. So different and cute!

    Amy



    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete